Cloud2 Website Privacy Notice:
This website is operated by Cloud2 Ltd. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
- the personal information we collect about you, our users
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information may be shared with
Who we are
Cloud2 Ltd (we’ or ‘us) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1 g98, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Information we collect
a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
- When subscribing to our newsletters
- Making an online enquiry or request for information
- Contacting us for support or assistance
b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
c) Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- Website visits and specific pages visited
d) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
- Frequency of visits
- Time spent on pages
- General location (generally at the country level)
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use the information we collect
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- Optimise our page content and structure
- Improve website and marketing and sales material relevance
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a
competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you
acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you orto you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a
- recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- contact us using the contact details below
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details),
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
2nd Floor, The Wool Exchange
Telephone: 01274 308378
Calls will be answered during office hours
We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
Information collected by Cloud2 Ltd
Cloud2 Ltd (or “we”) collects personally identifying information and data about individuals at companies, their company, and their company’s demographics (“personal information”) including (but not limited to):
- when you provide information to Cloud2 Ltd, such as when you register or sign up for any of our products such as publications, subscriptions, e-mails, contests, newsletters, memberships, RSS Feeds, content delivery via sms, text or other similar technologies, webcasts, White Papers, online seminars, conferences and other communications with Cloud2,
- when you register or sign up on our website or when you register for any other Cloud2 products individually or through “auto register”, your personal information will be known to Cloud2 Ltd and
- from time to time we may add other information that we collect from third party sources to enhance and/or update the information that you provided to Cloud2 Ltd order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor content to you, or to correct information we may have on file (such as a misspelled email address).
The ways Cloud2 Ltd may use and/or share certain personal information is described below (“Use of Information by Cloud2”).
Scope of Policy and Storage of Information
Below is the current policy regarding the usage of personal information collected by Cloud2. Your personal information will be maintained and managed by Cloud2 Ltd in the United Kingdom and that it may be shared with third parties in accordance with this policy.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy, and in accordance with all applicable data protection laws.
Cloud2 Ltd, or third-party partners may place “cookies” or similar technologies in the browser files of a user’s computer when they visit this website. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your device when you visit a website, which enables the server to collect information from the browser and to enhance or enable the usability of this website.
Cloud2 Ltd may collect and store the IP address of our users when they register or log in, and a session cookie is used to identify you when you visit this website and to allow for automatic re-authentication, to keep track of your browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile.
Cookies do not contain personal information, except when such information has been supplied by a subscriber or registered user.
If you haven’t registered with this website, we may place a cookie on your system to help provide a more personalized experience. This cookie identifies you as a unique user by means of a tracking ID. However, if you have not registered on this website, we cannot link that user ID with personal information about you such as your name or e-mail address. However, as stated above, Cloud2 Ltd does collect IP addresses of its users.
The aggregated information we collect through cookies is used for several purposes including the following:
- to improve the content and design of this website
- to understand more about the interests of our customers and to offer goods and services we believe may be of interest to our customers, on behalf of Cloud2, or selected organisations.
If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings on your browsers or third-party software can allow you to block cookies while you use this website site. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the menu on your browser, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about cookies and how you can turn them off. Or, you can use third-party “anonymizer” services to mask information in your cookies, or even general data such as your IP address. In such cases you would not be able to take advantage of most of the personalization services offered by Cloud2 Ltd. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access this website, some of the features of this website or this website may not function properly. By continuing to use this website you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
Use of Information by Cloud2
Postal addresses, and other person information and data may be used to promote Cloud2 Ltd products and services. We will not make this information to anyone else without with your prior consent.
Telephone numbers may be used by Cloud2 Ltd to collect re-qualification data and may be used by Cloud2 for promotional purposes. We will not make this information to anyone else without with your prior consent.
Email addresses of Cloud2 Ltd subscribers may be used for re-qualification purposes. These email addresses may also be used to collect feedback by members of our team, to promote Cloud2 Ltd products and services. We will not make this information to anyone else without with your prior consent.
When you provide your email address to us, you agree to receive email from Cloud2 Ltd. We allow users to “opt-out” of receiving e-mails from Cloud2 by clicking the unsubscribe link of any individual message you may receive.
Third Party Content
Cloud2 Ltd makes available a library of content, tools and information, including some provided to us by third parties. In return for access to this content, we may ask that you provide us with personal information. Once you have submitted your information, you will have access to the resources and will not be asked to provide that information again (unless you disable or otherwise modify your cookies).
When accessing content contributed by a third party, your personal information may be shared with those third parties, and the use of such information by such third parties shall be governed by those parties’ privacy policies. Cloud2 Ltd bears no responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties. If you do not wish to have your information shared with a third party, please do not access third party content.
Cloud2 Ltd users should be aware that when they disclose personal identifying information in discussion forums, chat rooms or other areas that are publicly accessible by others, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. Cloud2 Ltd nor its parent company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates are not responsible for any information that you provide in the above areas.
Changing Your Preferences
Users who later decide they want to opt-out of receiving communications from Cloud2 Ltd or otherwise change their preferences may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, at any time you may “opt-out” of receiving communications by clicking the unsubscribe link of any individual message you may receive.
Transfer of Information by Cloud2
If part or all of the ownership of Cloud2 Ltd or any of its products are sold or transferred, all lists and data which contains person information including for example user name, address, company name, telephone number, demographic information, buying information, other data and e-mail address, will be transferred to the new owner.
We also have a General Applications Privacy Notice, which can be accessed here.